Professionally delivered in-house training or meeting facilitation
We provide qualified experienced trainers specialising in subjects specifically tailored to meet the needs of charities, community groups and social enterprises. Our training is cost-effective and can be adapted to your specific needs.
We have grouped the most common of the ways we have provided training and supported networks and events within the sector:
- a range of pre-prepared cost-effective courses on key areas relevant to the sector
- bespoke training specifically to meet your needs
- facilitation of conferences, forums, meetings or away days
- workshops within conferences or as part of your Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- quality assurance training and implementation support.
Some of the training needs within the sector are common to a well-run, effective not-for-profit organisation, some are more specialised. We have developed training courses in many areas of general need and some a little more specialised. Some of the courses more commonly in demand are listed below:
- Volunteer recruitment, motivation and retention
- Principles of Good Governance
- Good Governance Master Class
- Outcomes Focus planning
- Developing projects
- Bid writing
- Strategic Planning
- Designing and producing newsletters
- Effective, meaningful Monitoring and Evaluation
- Full cost recovery
- Supervision and Appraisal
- Budgeting, monitoring and financial reporting
- Roles and responsibility of Chair / Treasurer / Secretary
- Roles and responsibility of Directors / Trustees
- Funding strategy and developing sustainable funding
- Time management
- Implementing PQASSO
- Safe data management
- Website maintenance.
This is by no means an exclusive list. If you have identified a training need not on the list please get in touch - if we can’t help we will find someone who can.
Get in touch
What people say about us
"Duncan's approach to facilitating events and conferences is always one which puts his 'customer' at the heart of what he does. He has an ability to really understand the needs of his audience - thinking about their experience from their own point of view. He is also really good at listening to people's needs and working in a collaborative way to achieve positive outcomes for everyone. He takes a genuine interest in the people with whom he works and a gift for making everyone feel valued. A great person to know as well as work with!"
Charity Marketing Director for Bristol-based St Monica Trust
"Duncan headed up a task group looking at the formation of a new company, and specifically, issues of governance. He was enthusiastic, efficient and very focused. He was also engaging in his approach to working with others. Job done. Well done."
Rural and Community Development Consultant
"Thank you very much for your work on Saturday, the afternoon was outstanding and I'm clear that everyone there enjoyed it."
Zeal Monachorum Youth Consultation